Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

proc amp not working
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan777Green
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Thanks so much! Reply with quote

Just to say many thanks to the wondeful jfleduc, without that fix I would probably have thrown the matrox from the top floor window!! Now working and I can finally get down to the grade. Many thanks for taking the time to write down these discoveries.

Dan Smile
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downgrade or not... we should have a software fix for this and the resolution issues by now.

Matrox is as slow as Apple when it comes to updates. That's why we're considering other options now.

But a big thanks to the community for helping out where Matrox isn't.
lhock
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: proc amp update for QT 7.5 Reply with quote

I have the newest FCP version. I would like to calibrate my system as soon as possible.
Will the update be announced in forum when it happens?
jfleduc
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they usually answer these threads, and they will update the official known issue thread:

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=884

Keep an eye on that one.
Matrox_Support_Bruno
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GIUFED,

What's your status?

Have you tried updating your version of FCP?

Is everything working?

Keep us posted,

Regards,
Bruno
GIUFED
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Bruno wrote:
Hi GIUFED,

What's your status?

Have you tried updating your version of FCP?

Is everything working?

Keep us posted,

Regards,
Bruno

FCS I upgraded to version 6.04 and there is still a problem!
Matrox_Support_Bruno
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are aware of this and our engineering team is working to fix this issue.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and we will keep you posted on our progress.

Don’t hesitate to contact us via the user forum or telephone (514-822-6030) if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bruno
bhinton
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really urgent situation. This puts MXO users the position of sending clients elsewhere because their projects are in 6.0.4, which requires quicktime 7.5, which means they can't be graded on an MXO based system.

The MXO is a big boon to FCP, so if this really is Apple's problem (hyperspeed release of problematic updates) please, as a manufacturer, complain loudly. I love the MXO but between this and the graphics card situations I hesitate to recommend it to people.

Brook
jfleduc
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinton wrote:
This is a really urgent situation. This puts MXO users the position of sending clients elsewhere because their projects are in 6.0.4, which requires quicktime 7.5, which means they can't be graded on an MXO based system.

The MXO is a big boon to FCP, so if this really is Apple's problem (hyperspeed release of problematic updates) please, as a manufacturer, complain loudly. I love the MXO but between this and the graphics card situations I hesitate to recommend it to people.

Brook

I agree totally that an update on this is overdue, but You should NEVER update a production system with new software unless it's been tested for a while and confirmed working with all your devices. Trust me, I have been burned so many times as a prosumer years ago that this has become my first golden business rule.

2-If you're contemplating sending away clients because of this, just reinstall Final Cut pro and downgrade QT to 7.4.5 or install OS X on a secondary drive (which is always a good thing anyways) and update up to 6.0.3 and QT 7.4.5 manually from http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

I had to do this recently when my hard drive died, it took me about 1hr all in all. Annoying for sure, but better than losing a client's money and possibly future business. If you turn someone away, you always run the risk of them really liking the other business and never coming back.
lynchy
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: downgrading fcp Reply with quote

I've been trying to downgrade/ reinstall to a version of fcp6.0.3 but you seem to need proapplication support 2008-01, which I cannot seem to find anywhere. 2008-02 is available but only has 6.0.4 which needs QT 7.5 to run. I've spent hours trying to get this to happen. I have the mxo but it seems like I have no way to run it!. I reinstalled the OSX 10.5.2, QT 7.4 but cannot find a download for 6.03. The mxo looks great on the desk and blends in well with the macpro and acd but at the moment is as good as a gelded bull at a cows lingerie party
bhinton
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(jfleduc), I think you misinterpreted. The problem is CLIENTS who have completed projects in 6.0.4/7.5 that need grading - even you are on on 6.0.3/7.4 with a working matrox system, this doesn't help.

Shy of using xml to bring the project back to 6.0.3 (which on long complex projects can be more trouble than its worth and certainly takes away the whole appeal of the migration-free desktop online for clients), the right thing to do in that situation is to send them to someplace using a system compatible with their project (or do the session yourself in another facility, but there goes whatever cost savings the client would have had).

There are workarounds, sure, but you're either doing them for free, burdening the client with them, or charging for the time.
Matrox_Support_Bruno
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bhinton,

Our engineering team is working on getting this resolved.

When more information is known we will report back on the forum.

Don't hesitate to email or call us if you have any questions.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Regards,
Bruno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: