Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Driver support for both FCP and Adobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olof
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least support for current releases would be nice, in one driver.

For me FCPX and cs6 would be great.
Punkley
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget to include ventura in that Smile
pacifier1er
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: I need to use FCP 7 and Avid. Reply with quote

Can anyone from Matrox tell us if this is in the works?

Thanks
mlimbolimbo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: higher expectations Reply with quote

CS6 and Avid MC6 must be able to share the same platform and driver. I can't understand a company like Matrox releasing a driver that supports only one program at a time. I was shocked to see you doing that. As a long time Matrox customer I expect you to perform up to market standards.
Someone from Matrox should respond to this message with at least an expected release date for a unified driver. Thank you.
bmojica1
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to see unified driver support across applications. Plus and update to Vetura would be nice.

Currently using FCP 7, FCP X, and Adobe CS6 Suite.
Punkley
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say, I have had to stop recommending matrox's to people. Which is said as I like the products.

But due to the software now I feel I can only ever use half the features of the device without swapping drivers every 10min.

I use 4 bits of software Final Cut X / Vetura /FMS/ wirecast. Although I use FCPX mostly I don't use any of the matrox's features as If I do that I can't use the other bits of software.

I'm just glad Im not using Adobe at the moment also.

I own two matrox's a mini with max and a mxo2 with max. When I purchased them there was 1 nice driver that did everything. now there are 3 or 4 streams. Which is not what I signed up for.

I'm actually amazed that someone thought that this was a good idea. I'm really hoping it is some clueless management type because if it was developers or someone who uses the matrox's they have really lost the plot.

This needs to be rectified for the people who purchased the mxo2 under the information you wouldn't have to buy into the matrox driver swap game.

If it isn't Ill end up buying a product that does work with everything, and although I'm not important, 1000's of me badmouthing the product will eventually have an effect on the bottom line, all because of bad drivers, not bad hardware.

Something that can be fixed using some kind of rational thinking and a bit of coding.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the drivers advance to add new additional features (which Matrox is well known for) it is only natural that the firmware on the unit is also updated. But drivers are updated for one platform at a time and hence there will be delays in new features (and firmware updates) being rolled out to other NLE platforms.

Getting "one driver to rule them all" is going to be a Herculean task. It might take a while. And this is assuming that getting the apps to hand-off the driver (when you switch from FCP to another app, for example) can happen gracefully.

It's not that there are any clueless management types, but more that it's the technical equivalent of herding a room full of cats. And there is substantially more to an MXO2 than just pumping pixels through.

Andrew
Punkley
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this could be a difficult thing to code, I also realize other companies are already doing it, on much newer, very similar products.
dbiando
(MXO2 Rack)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I am flabbergasted by the lack of forethought on the part of Matrox regarding the latest drivers for MXO2 devices. Put my name on the list of people who use multiple applications with Matrox devices that have had the door literally shut on them. If Matrox doesn't come to their senses soon and write a driver capable of working with FCP7 and Adobe products, their shut door means me opening the door at Aja.

I bet the guys over at Aja are laughing their butts off at Matrox.

DBiando

PS: Their idea of multiple partitions with separate drivers is simply pathetic.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a lack of foresight, but a consequence of developing drivers for the new versions of apps (and a completely new app with FCPX) whilst developing and extending the driver functionality at the same time.

Don't be surprised if it all catches up and equalizes in the near future. But definitely add your name to the list of those wanting the feature. Matrox does listen.

Andrew

PS. As an example, the recent CS5.5 'latest' drivers included new support for 3D display support. This is something that would have been tested during the beta cycle for those drivers. It's best that any bugs are found and fixed on a single platform before then rolling out the new feature to all other NLE platforms. It may take a while longer for the other platforms, but you also get the benefits of the maturity of the code.
Punkley
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how many people it takes before matrox let us know they are working on a driver that supports everything, it seams every second post in the mac section is on it at the moment.
dbiando
(MXO2 Rack)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: FCP and CS6 support... Reply with quote

Well, for me the clock is ticking. Looking over all the posts about drivers not being written for mainstream apps, people getting wrong information or not complete information, unhappy users, etc., is just very sad. I've been using Matrox for a long time and maintain a fleet of over 20 Matrox MXO2 devices.
I am seriously rethinking this association after the boondoggle over FCP and CS6 not being supported in the same driver. To their credit they have always been there when I have had problems but somewhere along the line there is a disconnect between what Matrox apparently perceives their users to be and what they actually are and the needs they have. I hope Matrox does write driver support for FCP and CS6 in the near future. If not, regrettably I am going to be looking in Aja's direction.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if they EOL'd support for FCP, they could then get a unified driver for FCPx / Avid / CS6 a lot faster?

Andrew
Kolind
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list of FCP7 and CS6 users who would like a driver that works with both software packages.
malombroso
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of you! It's pretty unacceptable... I have both final cut studio 3 and CS6 but I have to choose which one I want to use... and it's really annoying. I mostly use the two platforms depending on the things I have to do...
I really hope this issue will be fixed soon...
At the beginning I was thinking that there was a problem with the matrox, but finding this post I realized that it's a known issue...
Just one thing... I have seen on some video tutorials that there should be some utilities coming with the driver, but I have no files in the folder Applications\MATROX MAX UTILITIES... is that normal? I just have the uninstall file.
And another thing: I have the latest driver... is it for that reason that I don't have the option to select the matrox mxo2 mini for playback? The strange thing is that I can choose it to playback the audio (even if it is not working... but this might a problem with the monitor speaker... still need to check how they work... it's a new one!)
Best regards to everyone

Stefano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: