Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gtx570 Hardware Acceleration for mercury engine ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cracky
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: gtx570 Hardware Acceleration for mercury engine ? Reply with quote

hello , i am an old use of matrox products (X100 MATROX )
and i am about to but the mujito max/

i am about to build a system with production premeium CS6 !

i know that premiere use the mercury engine and it needs CUDA
graphic card for this.

what is the Interaction between the mojito and the GTX570 ?
what card will i use for premiere to acceleration ?
do i need the gtx570 if i have the mojito card ?

thank you !
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: gtx570 Hardware Acceleration for mercury engine ? Reply with quote

The Mercury Playback Engine operates independently of the Matrox hardware - they complement one another. You will want to have an Adobe-approved card such as the GTX570 or better in your system to take advantage of MPE.

Matrox hardware will provide some Matrox realtime effects plugins for Premiere such as Color Correction, Keying, and Wipes, but Matrox also offers a degree of acceleration in Premiere for Adobe Motion and some other effects.

So used together, the GPU acceleration of MPE and the Matrox acceleration offer a great editing experience, plus Matrox MAX offers the hardware-accelerated H.264 output from Adobe Media Encoder.

To be clear, Matrox doesn't care which display card you use, but Premiere will benefit from the Nvidia cards. The Quadro 4000 is recommended, but some of the GTX cards are also good choices.

Note that Matrox is not yet offering the driver for CS6, but recently indicated it should be ready about 30 days after the coming CS6 release.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
cracky
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: thank you. Reply with quote

thank you , now i got the idea Smile

i hope that matrox will release the cs6 driver soon .....
you guys cant get a copy from adobe ( that i know you both working together ) and write the driver now ?

the gtx 580 is ok ?
( the quadro 4000 is very expensive....)

thank you very much....
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Cracky and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. Thank you Jeff for all of your help. We try to work with our business partners such as Adobe to get our end users the release as soon as possible. At NAB last month we were showing Adobe CS6 in our booth and Adobe was using 2 of our MXO2 LE with Max to demonstate CS6 to their clients. We need for them to have the final version ready and then we need to do a whole cycle of testing internally before we send it off to our beta testers and then it is released to the public, that is why it takes us 30 days or less.

The GTX 580 is a supported graphics card for Adobe CS6 http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html

regards,

JD
Customer Care
cracky
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: hooo.... Reply with quote

ok . i will wait , sounds like a very hard job for the driver release.

i will use the system without installing the mojito card , and wait
untill the driver will be avilable.

(anyway i have to learn to move from the adobe 6.5 to cs6... )

thank you.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your understanding.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam