Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 - RTX100 Effects for Realtime Editing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ed and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. To clarify what has been said and quoted. The Matrox MAX technology is to accelerate encoding to H.264 and H.264 only. It does not help with effects, rendering or other features we had in the past with other products. Our Matrox MXO2 family of products use our RT technology with Adobe CS 5.5:
Quote:
Matrox RT technology enhances the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine to provide full-resolution, full-frame-rate, multi-layer, realtime video editing.

Matrox RT technology is designed for use with or without the presence of GPU acceleration. It provides many of the benefits of GPU acceleration but works with any system, even laptops. It optimizes your system to output to professional monitors at full-resolution and full-frame-rate.

Our MAX technology http://www.matrox.com/video/en/solutions/adobe_media_encoder/ is still the top encoder to H.264. We work on PC and Mac's, Desktops, Laptops, and Thunderbolt enabled devices. We can live stream from any supported computer system. We monitor as well as being a full 1080p I/O device. If you do not need any of these feaures then you are probably not working in Video.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
HSt
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Matrox Team!

I'm qute disappointed that Matrox distances itself with bringing the max technology together with realtime effects. There are pre-purchase forum posts available where users ask if they can understand the device with max-option as a successor of old RT cards or as simple 'better' export boxes:

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=3337

Andy Mees (MXO)
Quote:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:16 am

I understand that the Matrox product and marketing team are actively working on creating an info page that will help describe the full features, capabilities and advantages of the Matrox RT engine provided by the MAX hardware that is supplied as an option with their MXO2 I/O devices. In the interim, let me recap a little of the information that is already known and has been stated elsewhere .

According to NVidia, the five operations that the GPU can accelerate in CS5 are:

-Overlays and compositing
-Chroma/Luma Keying
-Color Correction
-Picture in Picture Effect
-H.264 encoding

The benefits of Matrox RT engine provide via the MAX hardware include:

-Multilayer compositor (mixer)
-Adobe Native file processing acceleration.
-High quality Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame intermediate codec, optimized for use with Matrox RT rendering engine
-Matrox CPU video effects optimized for use with the multi-layer rendering engine including :

Primary color correction
Proc amp controls
Color match and Color balance
Input/Output level control
RGB curves control
Secondary color correction
Chroma and Luma keying
Speed changes
Transitions
Track matte
SD clip upscaling in an HD timeline
HD clip downscaling in an SD timeline
Move & scale
Native Adobe Premiere Pro effects and transitions
Timecode
Adobe motion effect

The Matrox RT engine can run in parallel with the Nvidia based GPU acceleration. However it is important to note that with Matrox RT all of the speed of GPU acceleration can be experienced without the need of a specific GPU, and of course the MAX based Matrox RT is integrated with the MXO2 I/O box and so offers professional full quality, full frame rate video monitoring.

Hope that helps
Andy

Regardless of this discussion: Matrox sales figures could increase if they could provide such a superior box like MXO2 with real time features for non-high end workstations like consumer laptops. I'm pretty sure about this!

Regards,
HSt
HSt
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Presales Team!

Thank you for your reply!
Please see my post in feature request forum:
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?p=30442#30442

Regards,
HSt
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello HSt and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. Could you please keep the pre-sales forum posts limited to pre-sales questions? This is for questions about what the product presently does, not what other products did in the past or what you would like them to do. Those are questions to be posted in the product feature enhancement forum. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam