Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox Mini for laptop recording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoxZ
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Matrox Mini for laptop recording Reply with quote

Hello everybody Smile

I would like to know and ask, if the Matrox Mini can record laptop gameplay through a hdmi cable. NOT ps3 gameplay or xbox360, but PC gameplay recording. Could this work properly? I have a Alienware m17xR1.

Thanks you for the time! Smile
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. The reason we need to capture gameplay footage from PS3 and XBox360 is not because we block the feed, it is because they are not HDCP compliant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

I have check the specs from Dell and there is no mention about compliance just that there is a 1.4a HDMI output. You can definately not record DVD's or BluRay disks through the Matrox. Unless we bring this model in house and test it I can not be sure. More often than not it will not work through HDMI. I will follow up if I get any more news on this.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
GoxZ
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and thank you for the reply for my question. Do you know anything, that it might going to work? I really have no idea, because i have tried everything, and simply can't get it to work... My currently setup is with a Hauppauge, that doesn't want what i want to do..
GoxZ
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and thank you for the reply for my question. Do you know anything, that it might going to work? I really have no idea, because i have tried everything, and simply can't get it to work... My currently setup is with a Hauppauge, that doesn't want what i want to do..
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello GoxZ and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. Hauppauge as far as I can see is a PVR. This would fall under the same HDCP compliance issues as with laptops and Video consoles. There is no compliance issues using Component video.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
GoxZ
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Cant get it to work Reply with quote

So you think i can't get it to work at all? Sad
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that I do not think it will work, we need to see what sources you are using that are HDCP compliant and what format you are coming from. If you are using component then there is no problem. No Matter what you choose PS3, BluRay player, PVR's, HandiCam, Deck, or any other HDMI output if it is not compliant you will not be able to capture using HDMI. Also if the content itself is protected, i.e. BluRay disks, you will not be able to capture through HDMI.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam