Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

multi channel audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodiff9
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: multi channel audio Reply with quote

With the MXO2; would it be possible to embed and capture 8 channels of audio into the HMDI stream AND simultaneously feed 4 channels of analog and/or AES audio?

My application is capturing videos of bands and I need to record 12 to 16 channels of audio into FCP6 that accepts up to 24 channels of 24bit/96K audio (that's easily bounced over to Apple's Logic Studio audio software for editing). I'm seeking an all-in-one audio/video I/O solution.

What devices allow audio embedding into the HDMI 'stream' between the camcorders HDMI out and the MXO2's HDMI input?
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nodiff9, regrettably it is not possible capture all these audio channels at once - Please note that All audio outputs on the MXO2 are live simultaneously, but the inputs are not.

Thanks,
B.C.
nodiff9
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: multichannel audio Reply with quote

what devices and who makes it: for embedding 8 channels audio with hdmi video?
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MXO2 has both HDMI input and output with 8 channels of embedded audio however, you can not capture 4 channels of analog and/or AES audio, simultaneously with the HDMI audio. I’m not sure what other product is able to accomplish what you’re asking for, but I will do some research and will let you know if I come up with anything.

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam