Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 mini / Dreamcolor HP monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrditlev
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: MXO2 mini / Dreamcolor HP monitor Reply with quote

I have been reading your posts and links about color correcting and previewing from the MXO2mini to the HP Dreamcolor LP2880zx. An older post stated that to use the Dreamcolor engine ( to take advantage of its 10bit color space) you needed to go out of the MXO2mini using RGB and thus limiting the preview to 8 bit.

Is this still the case and is it an issue for color correcting?

I am trying to determine the best way to color correct from After Effects cs5.5 - working in 16bit color space and get the best possible picture out of the MXO2mini.

Thank you,

Christian
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christian and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. With regards to your questions, please note that with reference to the MXO2 Mini specifications, we indicate that RGB supports 10-bit (Please check Matrox MXO2 Installation & User guide 2.3.3 PDF - Page: 174)

What you might have read however, might have been related to After Effects. I believe we have a documented issue for this in the Release notes: "When working in Adobe After Effects, selecting a Matrox MXO2 10-bit Output Mode for your video preview is not supported. As a workaround, choose a Matrox MXO2 8-bit Output Mode instead)".

This is a known issue and is presently being looked into...

Thanks,
B.C.
chrditlev
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BC,

That is great about RGB 10bit. Unfortunately, since we are color correcting using After Effects 5.5 the 8bit issue that is of course less great news. Any indication as to when this may be resolved?

The problem is that the DreamColor needs a 10bit input to work - and if I am limited to 8bit monitoring anyway there is not a real point to using the MXO2mini for this workflow.

I am in general finding it very hard to find any high end monitors that adheres to the 10bit/HDMI 1920x1080 input requirements from the MXO2mini. Would love to use it if there is a way to get it to work; seems like a great piece of hardware.

Thanks,

Christian
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your continued support and interest in Matrox products, Christian. Although I understand your situation and workflow but unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for when this issue will get resolved.

P.S.: I came across this interesting blog from Tecno Tur, by Allan Tepper that is worth pointing out as well. Please note that this blog was written more than 2 years ago and a lot has changed since then therefore, please check this page for the latest MXO2 Mini Technical Specifications.

Best regards,
B.C.
chrditlev
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on this matter? Anybody getting 10bit colors out of Efter Effects cs5.5 yet?

Thanks,

Chr
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No advancements have been made since my last post. We will advise of any new developments once become available.

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam