Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO 2 Monitoring
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bastiaan,

Essentially, you will be able to monitor your interlaced material with the HDMI I/O on the MXO2. As for your other question: Both MXO2 and MXO don't force you to use proprietary codecs. If you choose to use ProRes, it's your choice. Both MXO2 & MXO make use of what ever codec is installed on the system.

Thanks,
B.C.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to Freespiritmedia's post:
Code:
So if all goes well I should be able to use my Cinema Display with the MXO2 if connected through a converter (would that be just the simple plugs that you can buy, or a special converter box). That would be great news.

While this may be technically possible and you may get video to display on the ACD monitor, it might not be a good quality, as it would, if you use the MXO and an ACD. The reason for this is that the ACD works in RGB colour space and a properly calibrated MXO does the conversion from Y Cb Cr to RGB to display the footage accurately, plus it also corrects any interlacing issues.

The HDMI monitors are not in RGB colour space and thus no correction for this is done with the MXO2.

Thanks,
B.C.
Chip Lay
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about monitors such as the Lacie 324 and the new Dell 24" that have HDMI in? Do they operate in both the RGB space for DVI and the YUV space for HDMI?
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chip Lay,

Please note that the MXO2 will output in Y Pb Pr

Although I can’t really comment on the specifications of these two monitors, since they have not been tested with the MXO2, may I suggest that you verify with the manufacturer of these monitors to confirm their output specifications.

Thanks,
B.C.
wayne
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: ACD and CRT Reply with quote

ENRICOX wrote:
Does anyone know if it will be possible to connect one ACD 30" or 23 inch to a MACBOOK PRO, and the MXO2 via expresscard for monitoring on an CRT at the same time?

This will be very usefull, don't know if the graphic card can sustain it...

Thanks

Hi,

This can be done, but you will not get video out to both at the same time, the ACD will be for FCP UI/Desktop, and video will come out of the MXO2.

There will be no bandwidth problem (graphic card issue) with this workflow.

W@
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam