Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HDMI to DVI Adapter w/MXO2 Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdd1904
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: HDMI to DVI Adapter w/MXO2 Mini Reply with quote

Hi All. I'm considering buying an MXO2 to use with FCP and with Avid MC. I'm currently using an 23" Apple Cinema Display with the original MXO as an FCP monitoring setup. Would I still be able to use the Cinema Display as a broadcast monitor if I connected it to the MXO2's HDMI Out via an HDMI to DVI Adapter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jay, the MXO2's HDMI requirements are different than your original MXO DVI monitor requirements. Please note that Matrox MXO2's HDMI output provides 1:1 pixel mapping for accurate monitoring on HDMI monitors and televisions.

To take full advantage of Matrox MXO2, an HDMI monitor/television must support the following:

- An HDMI input resolution of 1920x1080.
- 1:1 pixel mapping (aspect ratio of 1:1) on the HDMI input. On some HDMI monitors, 1:1 pixel mapping is sometimes referred to as "dot-by-dot", "Full Pixel", or "Just Scan" mode.

Your 23" Apple Cinema Display has not been validated with the MXO2 family of products since its native display resolution is 1920x1200. Please check this page for more information on choosing an HDMI monitor for MXO2 products.

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam