Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can not make flash file using Matrox MX02le in MC 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chatra
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Can not make flash file using Matrox MX02le in MC 6 Reply with quote

Ok -

So I was FCP and went over to Media Composer 6. Not sure if I am happy with this decision yet. But here is the problem. Using my Matrox MX02le in Compressor was a breeze, not so with Avid.

In Compressor, all I had to do was drag the quicktime file in the box and simply choose Flash 640x480 in the settings window in the box and WAHLA! I had my file.

Now in Media Composer 6 - I need to export the timeline - So I choose "Send to QT Movie" then I hit "options". I then hit "settings" in the Video window. Now I choose "Matrox MAX H.264". Is this the only setting I have for MAX? I hope not because my Apple Compressor had numerous compressions for Max technology.

I really think I am missing something here. I can't believe that Matrox Max only has one option in Avid. Please help.

Again my goal is to create a flash file with the built in player that Compression would create using Matrox Max, but I want to do this with Avid Media Composer 6 now.

Thanks!

Travis
MACPRO
Avid Media Composer 6
Matrox MX02le with Max
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to export using the Matrox MAX acceleration presets, you need to go through the Quicktime component as described on pages 82-83 of the Matrox 3.0 Avid user guide. Please follow the steps as outlined on those pages. I have outlined a brief summary below:

1. Load Matrox preferences application
2. In Info tab, check that you see the software version listed as: 3.0.0.0071.
3. Just below the software version, you should see the text: 'Matrox MAX compression is present'. If you don't see this, then uninstall the Matrox driver and re-download it from our website making sure to select MXO2 LE with MAX as the device type.
4. If you see that MAX is present, then load Avid 6.0.0. Load a project and select the sequence you want to export.
5. Click: File -> Export
6. At the bottom, for 'export settings', select 'untitled' from the drop down menu
7. Then click the 'options' command button (at the bottom)
8. A new window will open. For 'Export as' select 'quicktime movie'
9. Then click the 'custom' button. Then click 'format options'
10. The movie settings window will open.
11. For 'compression type', scroll down and select 'Matrox MAX H.264' from the list.

Note that bluray (.264) is not currently supported from exports within Avid. For bluray support, you can still use Compressor 3.5.3 or 4.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: