Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 storage questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sacarmic
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: MXO2 storage questions Reply with quote

So, does the MXO2 have specific express card it uses for the interface or does it just use a esata port? Why I ask is that if it uses a dedicated expresscard, then that means that FW800 is your only storage alternative for a Macbook Pro?

I want to be able to recorder ProRes on my MBP and would like to recorder to esata drives if possible.

Matrox, what do you recommend as a drive solution for recording ProRes on as MBP?

Thanks,
Scott
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sacarmic,

Thank you for your interest in the Matrox MXO2 product. The MXO2 will connect to the MacBook Pro via Apple’s Express Card / 34 slot or to the Mac Pro via a PCI Express adapter card, therefore you will need a firewire or USB storage solutions when working on Laptop computers.

The MXO2 is independent to the encoding; basically the encoding is system dependant. Matrox will be testing different storage solution and will provide recommendations as we approach our release date.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
B.C.
sacarmic
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. thanks. Am I hearing correctly that it will not support Pro Res recording on a Macbook Pro?

Thanks again,
Scott
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sacarmic,

the MXO2 will Capture to a variety of codecs – Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more. The MXO2 will capture to any codec, which is supported by the QuickTime engine.

That being said; With the current generation of MacBook Pro's it is not likely that you will be able to capture to ProRes at 1920x1080 29.97 fps without hardware assistance. Please note that no capture has been tested as of yet with the MXO2 and therefore we cannot comment at this point in time without conducting further testing.

Thanks,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam