Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitor for MXO2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_Renn
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Monitor for MXO2 Reply with quote

Hi
About to upgrade one of my monitors to work with the Matrox MXO2 mini with Max. Any recomendations would be welcomed, I had mind a 24" to pair up with a Dell 2407 WFP. Also would I need a resolution of 1920x 1080 or 1920 x 1200
Regards Mike R
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Monitor for MXO2 Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

There had been much spirited debate here and elsewhere about which displays work well with Matrox. Really, most any 1920x1080 display with HDMI will work, but - the touchy part is that Matrox offers an HDMI Calibration utility to allow users to dial in the proper colors on their display. The only catch is that it works best with displays having a "1:1 pixel mapping" option, which most consumer displays do not, thus the calibration functionality is hit and miss on other displays.

A new one that does have the 1:1 mode and is reported to work nicely by MXO2 users is the HP ZR2440w 24-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor. It is actually 1920x1200 resolution, but the 1:1 mapping will letterbox and correctly display 1080 HD video. More info here -

http://www.sharbor.com/products/HEWN5290003.html

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Michael_Renn wrote:
Hi
About to upgrade one of my monitors to work with the Matrox MXO2 mini with Max. Any recomendations would be welcomed, I had mind a 24" to pair up with a Dell 2407 WFP. Also would I need a resolution of 1920x 1080 or 1920 x 1200
Regards Mike R
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Safe Harbor are selling it for a very decent price, too.

Andrew
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your feedback...In addition to Jeff's post, please check this page for more details on Matrox's HDMI monitor requirements.

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam