Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

h264 encodes from live source at 300kb/second

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwar
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: h264 encodes from live source at 300kb/second Reply with quote

we currently encode lengthy content never less than an hour live straight to wmvs using windows media encoder at 300kb/second using a winnov card and we want to do the same using the h264 format. most cards cannot go below 1mb/second thats a gig an hour (and for our content so not necessary), and with that we now have to down convert from a hauppage and blackmagic card at 1mb/second lowest capturable bitrate to our h264 300kb/second file size
in the specs for the mx02 mini max it says it compresses at 100kb/sec to 50mb/sec and it works with expression encoder software so if i stream a file and select archive file i should have a h264 at my desired bitrate dose anyone know if this is true?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello cwar and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. Yes we can capture to 0.1 MB/second as you would like. I did this on a PC just now. You need to set the "Level" to 3.1 and set the bit rate to constant (CBR). You then just slide the Bit rate bar all the way to the left to 0.1.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam