Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"mx02"/"mxo2 mini" conflicts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous User
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: "mx02"/"mxo2 mini" conflicts? Reply with quote

I currently have fcp 7.0.3 and mx02 (not mini or LE) - software v.2.2.1.0042 - on a mac 2xquad core (10.6.8) running fine.
I'm about to install avid mc 5.5.3 on a 2nd boot drive (also mac 10.6.8) and purchase an mxo2 mini with v 2.2.3 driver (possibly os lion in the near future.

my concerns are:
1) Will there be conflicts with mx02/fcp drivers and mxo2 mini/avid drivers?
2) Will there be conflicts with the two pieces of hardware and can they share the same pcie slot?
3) Can I install each piece of hardware on a separate pcie slot (to avoid having to crawl under the desk and swap cables) or do they need to be connected only one at a time anyway?

I'm after being able to boot either NLE without fuss, since I often bounce media between the two systems.

Finally - the elephant in the room - when will mxo2 (not mini) be able to talk to mc5? Is this an avid marketing issue or a matrox driver/marketing issue? I would quite like to use the mx02 (not mini) for capturing with mc5, but even using it for monitoring only would be great - in my dreams, I suspect!

regards, Andrew
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

1. If you install Matrox driver 2.2.3 on your Snow Leopard boot disk (10.6.Cool, it will support Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 and Avid Media Composer 5.5.2. From what we know so far, if you have already updated to Avid MC 5.5.3, then it should still work.

2. The MXO2 and MXO2 Mini can share the same PCI-express card/slot.

3. You can connect both PCI cards in your system and connect them to their respective MXO2 device. You will just need to check that only the MXO2 device that you intend to use is powered. Then boot into your appropriate partition and it should load the already-installed driver and allow you to use your device.

As for the elephant-in-the-room question (extending support beyond MXO2 Mini), we in tech support do not have any information on this popular request. Any announcements regarding this and other features would have to be made by the appropriate channels.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:
Hi Andrew,

1. If you install Matrox driver 2.2.3 on your Snow Leopard boot disk ( 10.6.8 ), it will support Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 and Avid Media Composer 5.5.2. From what we know so far, if you have already updated to Avid MC 5.5.3, then it should still work.

2. The MXO2 and MXO2 Mini can share the same PCI-express card/slot.

3. You can connect both PCI cards in your system and connect them to their respective MXO2 device. You will just need to check that only the MXO2 device that you intend to use is powered. Then boot into your appropriate partition and it should load the already-installed driver and allow you to use your device.

As for the elephant-in-the-room question (extending support beyond MXO2 Mini), we in tech support do not have any information on this popular request. Any announcements regarding this and other features would have to be made by the appropriate channels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: