Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 mini is not detected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m.cromm
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: MXO2 mini is not detected Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm running into serious troubles here.

After first installation of a new mxo2 mini everything worked fine, AMC output worked and all that. Now, after another reboot of my system, it says something about not being able to find the hardware again. I did not change anything on the setup.

My Sys-Specs:
MacPro 2x.2.8 GhZ Quad
OSX 10.6.6
AMC 5.5.1
Matrox Driver-Version: 2.2.0.0028

Now the power-light turns from pulsation to a solid glow after starting the system, but neither the PCI-Bridge card nor the MXO2 is show up on my system profile.

The (long) list of try-and-errors on solving that issue:

- doube-checked every cable connection
- Changed the direction of the cables
- Started without any additional cabels hooked to the mxo2
- Cut off the power several times
- Reinstalled the driver package several times
- bitten of a corner-piece of my desk
- reseated the PCIe Card
- relocated the PCIe Card from Slot 4 to 3
- went to bed and tried again the next day after (sometimes THAT works for some reason Wink )

So please give me some further advice.
m.cromm
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally I ran some further tests:

- the MXO2 does not show up on a Windows XP started from BootCamp with mtx.utils 5.1.1 installed
- The installation of driver version 2.2.1.0042 does not take any effect
m.cromm
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... please... DON'T ask me why, but I managed to get it to work again.
I swaped the box with another at a company's site I am working with. Now both boxes operate on both machines.

Nevertheless maybe, someone on Matrox can give a brief statement on that over all, because I've lost some confidence.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello m.cromm,

There are various elements that can cause hardware detection problems. Most are resolved by trying a different PCI slot and re-connecting/power cycling the MXO2. One thing that is very important to keep in mind is that the detection is not of the PCI adapter itself, but rather the MXO2 box. So if the MXO2 is not powered and connected to the PCI adapter via the host cable, the system will never see the 'other multimedia' device in the system profiler.

It's difficult to say what caused your problem and what exactly solved it for you. So I would suggest to just stress test it as much as possible and let us know if you notice any more problems. If you do, then you have a 3 year warranty and we will gladly exchange your hardware if needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: