Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support for FMLE - Adobe Flash LIVE Encoder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasparon
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Support for FMLE - Adobe Flash LIVE Encoder Reply with quote

I see that the feature is planned to be published with 5.5 Driver for PC so I've got two questions

1. When it show up ? 1st june or rather end of june ?
2. Does it support HARDWARE acceleration for h.264 encoding in FMLE ? or just shows up in FMLE as grabbing device and all encoding is on CPU side ?
Other words - is it 2 Ghz duo core CPU enough for 1080p encoding and streaming to server or I have to have quad core i7 ( sandybridge CPU ) to do the job ?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello gasparon and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. To answer your first question, there is no internal date set, they announced the Month of June so until we hear any different we are still on track. I can tell you it will not be this week so June 1st and 2nd are out.

The 2nd part we will be used as a grabbing device for this release no other information has been made availible for this or the future releases. We ask that you have at least 4 gbs of ram to operate the MXO2 with CS5 http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/windows/mxo2/system/requirements/, CS5.5 has not been released so this information is not yet availible but you will surely need 4 gbs or more.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
gasparon
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But can you tell me if MXO2 LE or mini supports HARDWARE Acceleration for ADOBE FLASH MEDIA LIVE ENCODER - FMLE or not ? I was not asking for CS5 support but FMLE support, there is planty of HDMI grabbers on market much cheaper than MXO2 but thay need much CPU power to operate - is there any difference with your product ?
Your usage schemes shows that small laptop can be attatched to HD camera using MXO2 mini and do LIVE h.264 encoding for HD 1080p streaming - so please tell me if its hardware accelerated or not. Because I don't know if I have to buy muslce laptop with newest SandyBridge CPU for 2000 USD to use your grabber or just Duo Core 2 laptop for 700 USD its big difference for me.
gasparon
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 GB of RAM is not the problem since it's not price boosting factor - the CPU is
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To continue with what Joe stated: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?p=22154&highlight=#22154

The MXO2 does realtime hardware scaling http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/pc/mxo2_family/hardware/ so you can downscale video on capture so when you stream it will be easier on your computer. There is a difference between live H.264 encoding and streaming. We can capture directly to H.264 on the PC from live video or feeds to your hard drive, you will need Matrox Max technology for this. For the 5.5 driver version of streaming availible next month you do not need the Max, you just bring the video in through the Matrox device and let AFLME will do the rest.

JD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam