Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wirecast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jh4wvu
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Wirecast Reply with quote

This was never answered----

Will the MXO2 work with Varasoft's Wirecast application?

Thanks,
Chris
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Your interest and follow-up on the Wirecast application, to work in conjunction with the MXO2, is very much appreciated. Indeed this workflow remains untested, and a conclusive reply is not currently available. As was noted on this post; the Matrox Product Development Team is currently considering and reviewing this application, and would welcome any feedback or particular interest you may have regarding its functionality.

Please note however, that the MXO2 works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and remains a viable solution for most Quicktime-based applications that support V-Out component.

We thank you for your interest again in the Matrox MXO2 and invite you to post on this forum or contact us for any additional questions:

Matrox Customer Care
Tel: 1-800-361-4903 in North America, 1-514-822-6364 (worldwide)
Email: Customer Care Group
mavik
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The support for Telestreams Wirecast would be interesting for us as well.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mavik and thank you for your interest in Matrox Products. Officially we do not support Telestreams Wirecast, but if you do however try it out I will gladly forward any issues to our MXO2 product manager.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
newscast
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Windows Matrox MX02 and Wirecast Reply with quote

Consider this a vote for you to support Telestream's Wirecast on the Windows front. We run windows and have a MX02LE and it would e great if we could interface our cameras through it.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Newscast and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. Since you are asking for a new feature on this product I will move this post to product feature enhancements forum.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
iantique
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am hoping for Windows support for the Wirecast program.

I talked with a support tech from Matrox on November 26, 2010 and was told to look for this to happen in early 2011. That would be GREAT!

Here's the thread over on Telestream's forum:
http://forum.telestream.net/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=44&threadid=5139&enterthread=y

Thanks for keeping this request alive
cseeman
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although not officially supported Matrox MXO2Mini and Matrox MXO2-LE do seem to work on Mac. I've personally tested MXO2-LE on MacPro OS 10.6.6 and MacBookPro OS 10.5.8 and all inputs have worked for me with Wirecast.

Unfortunately it does not yet work with Wirecast Windows though although as this thread shows, there's great interest in that.
skyproductions
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a software that does what something similar to Wirecast and Boinx TV? I have Boinx TV and really like it, but they told me my graphics card has driver issues with their software. I have tried it, and they are definitely correct. Wirecast on the other had works wonderfully, but I am really not big on their user interface and their features are not that good either.

I saw a prog called VidBlaster that looks outstanding, but it is for Windows only.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good/professional software that will work with a MacBook Pro OSX 10.5.8, 4GB ram, Intel Core 2 duo 2.4 and the Matrox MXO2 LE?

Any suggestions are welcome!
skyymann
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cseeman wrote:
Although not officially supported Matrox MXO2Mini and Matrox MXO2-LE do seem to work on Mac. I've personally tested MXO2-LE on MacPro OS 10.6.6 and MacBookPro OS 10.5.8 and all inputs have worked for me with Wirecast.

Unfortunately it does not yet work with Wirecast Windows though although as this thread shows, there's great interest in that.

How did you get it to work with the MAC? We drug it to our convention in Honolulu for a live broadcast and it was a complete failure. I would LOVE for the LE to work with Wirecast!!! PLEASE.
cseeman
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyymann sorry it took me so long to get back. I didn't need to do anything onerous to get MXO2 to work with Wirecast.

Set MXO2 to the appropriate input in its PrefPane. I then open Wirecast 4 and select the correct source when adding the shot with the Camera+ icon or using Show Source Settings. Pick the setting that matches your camera out and it works. No other secret sauce. It worked slightly different in Wirecast 3 because several of the settings would become shots automatically. You'd just delete them all and the create the correct one.

If you're having a problem you'd have to be more specific than "fail" for me to help. I'm not sure what would fail since it's as simple as selecting the correct source setting. Nothing else. If Vetura Record or Quicktime 7 can see the MXO2 so can Wirecast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: