Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

upconverting closed captioned SD footage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSM08
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: upconverting closed captioned SD footage Reply with quote

If I have source footage that has captioning data on line 21, will that captioning stay intact if I upconvert it to HD thru the MXO2?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

When upconverting from SD to HD with the MXO2, the closed captioning line 21 is not preserved in the conversion.

In release 1.3.1, Matrox MXO2 offers a unique patent pending workflow to capture, playback, and preserve closed captioning data while editing projects in Final Cut Pro. The Matrox MXO2 preserves the digital closed captioning data in the VANC (vertical ancillary data space).
Here are the MXO2 FAQs - closed caption details are found at question 14.
Since line 21 isn't included in the VANC, the closed captioning information from line 21 isn't kept through the MXO2's SDI output.

We encourage to post this request in the MXO2's Product Feature Enhancements section in the user forum.

For additional questions regarding the MXO2, contact the customer care team via a Contact Me form or via phone : Toll Free: (800) 361-4903 (North America) or (514) 822-6364 (Worldwide)

Regards,

JC
Customer Care Representative
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. - Corporate Headquarters
End-user video editing products group
Deaf Video editor
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Windows version? Reply with quote

Hi just like the original poster asked, I like to know if the same it true for Windows on capturing Line 21.

I have Intel Quad-core 2.4Ghz with 8 GB RAM running with 2GB VRAM Nvidia video card. The monitors are HD-compliant. The system is running Windows 7 professional. I intend to buy Adobe CS5 Production Premium when it gets released with my student discount.

Is there any MXO2 product that can do capturing with closed captions? I see that there is one on the Mac side, what about the Windows side?
Deaf Video editor
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Regards to last post Reply with quote

Sorry, I posted too quick as I wanted to add one more thing. I am not a professional editor but a hobby editor so I am not into looking at expensive products, just something for a serious hobby user.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. With regards to your question; this feature is not implemented on the PC (Windows) version of the MXO2 product.

At this point, only the Mac version of MXO2 LE, MXO2, and MXO2 Rack provide HD-SDI closed captioning support using the patent-pending Matrox 4VANC tool. Please check this page and refer to the "HD-SDI closed captioning support" section for more information...

Best regards,
B.C.
Deaf Video Editor
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your reply. I did look at the linked page you provided. I can't help but noticed that Matrox worked with CPC to develop the CC feature.

I just have one question. I know CPC has CaptionMaker. Why is the same CC feature not included for the PC side? Is that a limitation or can it be created for use with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5?
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I did pass your comments to our Product Development Team. I'll update this thread once I have additional information.

Best regards,
B.C.
Deaf Video editor
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I am willing to wait a year for the firmware update. I have done a lot of researching and compared many features for my desires and the price among products made by AJA, Green Valley, Blackmagicdesign, etc. I am quite comfortable on getting your product. Otherwise I will get something else if Matrox won't support it.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you once again for your continued support of Matrox products...I'll keep you posted...

Best regards,
B.C.
Deaf Video Editor
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates so far?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. This has been a feature that we have been looking at for a long time now. It just does not seem to work with our firmware. If this changes we will reply to this post right away.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam