Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another request for 23.98 support on the Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harry
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Another request for 23.98 support on the Mini Reply with quote

I just purchased my MXO2 Mini and would like to once again request that Matrox incorporates true 23.98 / 24p support into the next version of their software.

With the increasing prevalence of HD content in 23.98 / 24p, it seems that even an "entry-level" product like the mini should be able to support capturing in these framerates.

An already terrific product would be even better with this feature, and I look forward to it's inclusion in the next release of the drivers.
pdiddy
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please.
ldtowers
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Progressive out/in absolutely a must for mxo2 mini!!!!! Reply with quote

Especially since Avid has announced support for your product!! Media Composer is used more than anything for film editing 24p!!!
If you didn't want to support progressive modes in the mini you should have worked with Avid to support the higher end MXO2 units!!!!!
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Larry, you know full well how Avid are and why they would not want to support devices that would in many ways immediately obviate the need for their own higher end and extremely expensive I/O hardware! That was clearly not up for discussion.

But regarding 23.98 / 24 frame rate support on the Mini, good on you for adding your voice here. The more feedback the better as it seems to get the product requests noticed faster Smile

Cheers
Andy
ldtowers
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: AVi ***** but Reply with quote

If Avid wanted to kill 23.98/24 capability they could have done it in their own software. If I buy the mini for Avid, it degrades our capabilities for fcp/color etc with our Dreamcolor displays. Matrox should have worked with Avid to support the better MXO2 and put it on them (Avid) to disable any capabilities in the MC application.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: