Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO Stand Alone Use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnfolsomjr
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: MXO Stand Alone Use Reply with quote

I am wondering if I could use an MXO as a stand alone unit (i.e. not hooked up to a computer) if I first connected it to my Mac and configured it the way it needed to be. Thoughts anyone?
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am assuming you mean MXO2 right? The drivers don't currently support operation without a host connection, but who knows what future drivers might bring. You should add your request to the Product Feature Enhancement section
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=6

Best
Andy
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi johnfolsomjr,

How exactly are you trying to use the MXO?

As the drivers currently are, the MXO is only intended to work directly with a computer running FCP and the other supported applications. Any other use has not been tested and we can't guarantee it will continuously work if you do get it working at any one point.

As Andy mentioned, if you want to get some more functionality out of the MXO, I also suggest you make a post in the Product Feature Enhancements section with a detailed explanation of what you are trying to do and your desired setup of how you would use the MXO after connecting it to a MAC to configure it.

Regards,
Matthew
marksong
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Also looking for stand alone possibilities Reply with quote

Here is what I was hoping to do in a stand along situation. Run an HD SDI cable to the MX02 in. Send a component out or an SDI out to a switcher and an HDMI or a component out out to an HD monitor. I have no need of capturing in this configuration, so I was hoping that, once the I/O settings were configured through the software, the box would work as described above without needing to keep it continuously connected with a computer. But right now I don't know how to get this to work unless I hook up my laptop and open the log and capture window on FCP. Is that the only real option I have here?

Please respond soon because I have only a couple of weeks before I need to have something figured out.

Thx.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, the MXO2 is NOT currently designed to operate in any standalone configuration ... it has been a top feature request from users since it's launch but we have yet to see it implemented. (There have been plenty of awesome updates but so far this one has eluded us). The ONLY way to achieve what you want is to hook your unit up to your host computer and open up the NLE in order to trigger a return feed to the device via the host. For your situation you'll need to leave your laptop attached or get a different piece of equipment better designed for the job, maybe something like this:
http://www.aja.com/products/converters/converters-hd-hd10cea.php
Best
Andy
Matrox_Support_Mac
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Good suggestions Andy.
It is true you would have to leave your capture app "open", for the getting pass-through capabilities.
The Matrox Convert DVI has a stand alone mode, however it accepts DVI-in, so you would have to work with that.
Details here: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/convert_dvi/

Let us know if you have any further questions,
-Mac
marksong
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Capture App open and capture window open Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. The main reason I bought the MXO2 was for editing and its ability to give accurate monitoring on something less than a $4000 monitor. So I think it was the correct box for us. And even though it will be a less than elegant solution for the multi camera monitoring we have to do in the upcoming shoot, I think it provide what we need.

So I have to run my NLE software in order to get the video feed I need -- I also have to do this in capture mode, correct?

ML
Matrox_Support_Mac
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. In capture mode there is video pass-through (and you need to necessarily hit the record button if you don't want to!).

I hope this helps,
-Mac
marksong
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

ML
Matrox_Support_Mac
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.

-Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: