Matrox Monarch User Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch      
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stream to Facebook and Ustream simultaneously?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox Monarch User Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Monarch HDX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Stream to Facebook and Ustream simultaneously? Reply with quote

Hi! Very interested in the dual encoder functions, but left with a question after finding this note in the manual:

"Important If you select Facebook as your third-party pairing service, and you
want to start an RTMP stream on the other Monarch encoder at the same time,
you must use either the Default or Legacy modes, and you can only stream to a personal or company website. This is an intentional limitation to comply with Facebook
drice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Stream to Facebook and Ustream simultaneously? Reply with quote

It seems that my question got cut from my original post by accident. Based on the Note regarding Facebook limitations, I'm wondering if it is possible to stream to Facebook and Ustream simultaneously?
Matrox_Support_Joe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Yes, you can stream to both these providers simultaneously by setting both encoders to RTMP and selecting 'Default' as the stream type, then entering the credentials (stream url and stream name).

The note is there to address the behavior if you choose to connect to Facebook Live using the Pairing option; which is optional. Selecting this option would disable the ability to stream with the 2nd encoder (as required by Facebook).

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox Monarch User Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Monarch HDX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: