Matrox MC100 User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MC-100 frame packing output resolution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MC100 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis S.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: MC-100 frame packing output resolution Reply with quote

I am currently working on a setup where I want to capture two 1080i SDI input signals and record them without any losses (full resolution) over HDMI, which means no side-by-side or top-bottom modes. The only option I see right now, is frame packing (top/bottom but full resolution separated by 45 buffer rows).
The problem is though that my input signal is 1080i and from my research on the topic most converters don't support that. One of the few who can do it is your product. So before buying the MC-100 we got a demo device to test everything.

When using the frame packing mode with 1080i input signals and output the HDMI signal to a 3DTV everything looks fine.
But when I use my grabbing hardware (Magwell USB Grabber) it detects the correct frame packing resolution but the actual image data is only 1920x1080 (four half images), please see image link below.
https://fh-dortmund.sciebo.de/index.php/s/hv0A10HZuvTI4AZ
This behavior is the same for 1080p but with two "full" images, of course.
https://fh-dortmund.sciebo.de/index.php/s/4wAPx5mHeczy0wG

My question is am I missing something here? Is this how the converter outputs the frame packing format? The User Guide states 1920x1080 as the frame packing resolution (P.30) which is exactly what I see but I found another remark which says "at twice the bandwidth" (P.20). What does that exactly mean?
I have another converter here which supports 1080p frame packing and that works flawlessly with two images over the full frame packed resolution as expected.

thank you very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MC100 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam